CLICK HERE TO DONATE NOW TO HELP WITH DISASTER RELIEF AND LONG-TERM RECOVERY EFFORTS
The Outer Banks Community Foundation collects disaster relief donations for both Dare County and Ocracoke. Every penny that is donated will directly assist individuals and families in need on the Outer Banks. The Community Foundation helps with many local disaster relief efforts, from immediate relief to long-term recovery, reconstruction, and rebuilding.
Disaster Relief Funds are used for emergency food, shelter, water, sanitation, supplies, and health care. We have been administering Disaster Relief Funds for Hurricanes Matthew, Isabel, Irene, Sandy, Arthur, Hermine, Michael–and, most recently, Dorian. We know it’s a matter of when–and not if–another hurricane will strike.
The Disaster Relief Funds are ready and waiting so that we can respond immediately to emergency situations. However, donors can support these funds at any time, not just when disaster strikes.
If you wish to support our disaster relief efforts, please call us at 252-261-8839, or click here to donate securely online. Your donation is 100% tax-deductible.
We gratefully acknowledge the thousands of 2019 donors who contributed to Hurricane Dorian disaster relief efforts. Those donors are listed here.
If you or a family member has been affected by a recent disaster, please call Interfaith Community Outreach at 252-480-0070 to get the help you need. Here are some other local resources for disaster victims:
- NC 2-1-1 Information and Referral Line – 211 or 888-892-1162
- American Red Cross (Elizabeth City) – 252-335-2185
- Beach Food Pantry – 252-261-2756
- Cape Hatteras United Methodist Men – 252-305-4925
- Dare County Department of Social Services – 252-475-5500
- Hatteras Island CERT – 252-995-2034
- Hatteras Island Food Pantry (Buxton) – 252-475-0147
- Lifeline Outreach and Food Pantry (Salvo) – 252-489-0306
- Interfaith Community Outreach – 252-480-0070
- Roanoke Island Food Pantry – 252-473-2089
- Salvation Army (Elizabeth City) – 252-338-4120
- Dare County Emergency Management – 252-475-5655
- Hyde County Emergency Management – 822-543-3248